Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Many disappointments were experienced yesterday.

Disappointment #1: Damn, it was cold. And wet. And I really should get some new shoes.

Disappointment #2: Stupid Leafs. Well, whatever.

Disappointment #3: The rock that was promised was not to be had, due to an unfortunate bar closing. On the other hand, I was still able to see Cowan and pick up right where we left off five years ago. However, due to some miscalculated revelations, his sole purpose in life now is to see me debilitated by alcohol.

Kingston is an interesting place. Similar to Waterloo, and yet...not. My vision of it had already been clouded by my former roommate's description of having to slowly crawl behind a tractor every day along the two-laned street that would take her to work. Being there reminded me of being somewhere up north in Small Town Ontario. At the same time, Queen's campus reminded me of being in downtown Toronto at U of T. Was Waterloo the only university that wasn't built using a grid system?

Lesson of the day: Super 8 Motels differ from one place to another. A lot.

"You'll have to excuse me, I'm not at my best"

No comments: